Want to plan a getaway from NYC this summer? The Hamptons may be the perfect location. The Hamptons are located in the beautiful, East End of Long Island. It consists of many small villages and hamlets that are known for their culture, beaches, and luxurious estates. Whether you’re traveling alone, with friends, or the entire family, the Hamptons may have a little bit of everything for a satisfying trip.
Getting to the Hamptons:
The Hamptons are conveniently accessible by car or even better, the LIRR. Why risk hitting traffic when you can take a train straight out of Penn Station and travel directly to Montauk.
Where to stay in the Hamptons:
- Montauk Manor: You can’t go wrong with having a stay at this English-Tudor-style hotel, a traveler’s favorite, known for its classic style and breaktaking views. This hotel has beautiful indoor and outdoor pools, spa facilities, and tennis courts.
- 1708 House: If you’re looking for a luxury hotel with a historic charm be sure to check out the 1708 House located in Southampton. This hotel is a great stop if you’re looking for a simple historic bed and breakfast
- The Hedges Inn: This hotel is located on private resident property in East Hampton and is known for it’s multi course specialty breakfast. This luxury inn has a special charm to it that you won’t want to miss.
- Baron’s Cove: Traveling with kids? Be sure to stay at a waterfront resort such as Baron’s Cove located in Sag Harbor. This luxurious all-American and waterfront resort is a perfect spot. This hotel has friendly service with a harbor side heated saltwater pool, tennis courts, fitness centers, spa amenities and provides complimentary beach service transportation.
Looking for an alternative to hotels? You can also rent a house from real estate agents or through AirBnb.
Where to Eat in the Hamptons:
The Hamptons are not just known for its spectacular beaches and expensive estates. The Hamptons are known for having some of the best food in the country, especially fresh seafood. There are restaurants to dine in for all different occasions for all price ranges.
- The Palm: A personal favorite of ours. Be sure to check out this local favorite located right in East Hampton. This upscale steakhouse is located in a 300 year old building and is also known for it’s delicious and fresh seafood.
Choose From Many Seafood Options in the Hamptons.
- The Clam Bar: This seafood shack is located in Napeague. They are known for having unbelievable lobster rolls and seafood delivered fresh from local fisherman.
- Canal Cafe: The Canal Cafe is located in The Hampton Bays Marina and are also known for its lobster rolls. You can’t go wrong with this fan favorite item that will leave your seafood craving satisfied.
- The Lobster Roll: This restaurant is a Hampton classic that is known for its fresh lobster rolls and fries. Enjoy this family friendly restaurant with a moderately priced menu located in Amagansett.
- Bostwick’s Chowder House: Want to visit a East Hampton restaurant favorite? The Bostwick’s Chowder House is proudly endorsed by celebrity chef Bobby Flay and is known to be a great laid back seafood restaurant.
Don’t feel like waiting? Here’s Some Quick Eats in the Hamptons:
- Luigi’s Italian Specialties: This deli is located in East Hampton and has imported quality Italian specialties, sandwiches and more. This is a great location to get simple takeout sandwiches.
- Herbs Market: Herbs Market Is a full service deli located in Montauk Village. They are perfect for takeout sandwiches to bring to the beach or on your Hamptons daily adventures
- What’s better than shopping? The Hamptons offer a wide variety of stores and boutiques perfect for all types of shoppers.
Where to Shop in the Hamptons:
- Aimee’s Closet: One of our favorite boutiques, located in Southampton right on Jobs lane. They offer a great selection of summer clothing, skirts, dresses, cover-ups, tops and accessories.
- RRL East Hampton: No its not a barn! Make sure to stop in on this East Hampton concept Ralph Lauren, RRL store known for its authenticity and architecture. This store is lined with vintage clothing and items that really highlight RRL’s brand.
- Saks Fifth Avenue: Stop by this location with women and men’s clothing, handbags, shoes and more. This South Hampton store has a large selection and brings you great deals from your favorite high-end fashion designers and brands.
- Vineyard Vines: This store is located in South Hampton and carries preppy women, men and kid’s clothing including sport shirts, polos, and knits.
Best Beaches in the Hamptons
Be sure to catch some rays while your stay in the Hamptons! The Hamptons are known for having some of the most pristine beaches. Whether you want to spend the day in the sun or if you desire a nice sunset walk, be sure to check out our favorite Hampton beaches.
- Main Beach: Main beach is located right in East Hampton and is known for having beautiful white sand. This beach is perfect for surfing, swimming and is known for many celebrity spottings. Be sure to spend your Fourth of July at a great beach like this one.
- Cooper’s Beach: This beach is the known to be the main beach in Southhampton village. Cooper’s Beach has concession stands, beach chair rentals and umbrella rentals for your convenience.
Hamptons Beach Activities:
- Water Equipment Rentals: While you visit Main Beach, be sure to rent water equipment like kayaks, paddleboards and even surfboards.
- Fishing charters/Sailing charters: Plan a trip to sea with a private or public fishing charter. Fish off Montauk Point for striped bass, fluke, sea bass, bluefish and more. Charters are available for first time fishers, families, and for experienced fisherman.
- Harbor Tours: Take an afternoon to enjoy a boat ride right in Sag Harbor. You will not want to miss this tour consisting of great sightseeing, nature and history.
Other Outdoor Activities in the Hamptons:
Looking for great outdoor activities and parks during your visit in the Hamptons? Visit our favorite parks with breathtaking views and for some outdoor fun.
- Montauk Point State Park: Visit this Montauk park for a beautiful view and a great piece of New York history including tours of the Montauk Point Lighthouse, New York’s oldest lighthouse.
- Hither Hills State Park Walking Dunes Trail: This park is located between Amagansett and Montauk. Hither Hills is perfect for a relaxing walk on its scenic nature trails.
- Montauk Downs State Park: This Public Golf course is located 15 minutes from East Hampton. Montauk Downs includes 18-holes, a driving range, tennis courts, swimming pool, catering facility and a main clubhouse.
Vineyards in the Hamptons:
Wine and cheese lovers look no further! The Hamptons are known for a having some of the best vineyards and unique wine tasting experiences.
- Wolffer Estate Vineyard: Wolffer Estate is known for its beautiful vineyards and live music on the weekends located in Sagaponack. Special events such as “Yoga on the Vineyards” and Farmer Markets are held here throughout the summer.
- Duck Walk Vineyards: Be sure to come to this Hamptons landmark with over 130 acres of vineyards and for some award winning wines. Duck walk Vineyards is located right in Water Mill.
Summer Events in the Hamptons
The Hamptons are known for holding many Summer events which attract visitors not just from NYC or CT, but from all over the world.
- Umbrella Beach: Be sure to make it to Montauk’s Umbrella Beach for this Fourth of July. The Montauk Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring a fantastic firework show you you will not want to miss. Enjoy a BBQ on any town beach with family and friends to watch the show.
- Kiwanis Club of Southampton Annual Town Carnival: (July 16-25th) Be sure to take your family to this annual town carnival that is great for some family fun, food and rides.
- Amagansett Fine Arts Festival: (July 3 –July 4th) This festival is located at the American Legion in Amagansett and consists of many independent artists. Come to enjoy fine art paintings, drawings, prints, sculptures and jewelry. This event is free to the public and has no admission fee.
- The Surf Lodge concert series: Enjoy this favorite concert series with seafood, drinks and indie musical acts hosted by the Surf Lodge. The Surf Lodge is located in prime real estate on Fort Pond in Montauk and is held on the weekends through August 30th.
- Hamptons Film Festival SummerDocs Series: Too much sun? Why not enjoy a great afternoon in the Jon Drew theater. Attend the 6th Annual Summer Documentary Series at the Jon Drew theater at Guild Hall, hosted by Alec Baldwin.
- 15th Annual Mercury Marine Grand Slam Fishing Tournament: (July 18-19th) Do you love to fish? Make sure to join this in shore event to catch the largest of four species including: Striped bass, fluke, bluefish, and sea bass. This fishing tournament is hosted by Uihlein’s Marina & Boat Rental.
- Hampton Classic 2015: (August 23-30th). Head to Bridgehampton to mingle with celebrities and watch top riders compete in the largest outdoor horse show in the country.
Excited to spend your summer in the Hamptons?
It’s about that time to pack up your beach gear and make the move out to the summer home and enjoy the sand between your toes. Feel free to contact us if you need help moving furniture, equipment for parties like lights and sound equipment, or any other personal belongings from Manhattan or the NYC area to the Hamptons. Liberty is here to ensure your stuff safely reaches the Hamptons with our highly rated white glove moving services. Call us now or fill out a contact form below!