Spring is here again – the days are getting longer, the sun is getting warmer, and peak season in the moving industry is upon us. Whether your moving or not, spring is a great time to clean and declutter your home.
Spring cleaning does not have to be wasteful! There’s a common misconception that spring cleaning means everything is going into the trash and eventually a landfill. This is not the case. Spring cleaning can be done sustainably. At Liberty Moving and Storage we rely on our partners at The Junkluggers to provide our customers with an eco-friendly alternative to junk removal.
What does sustainable junk removal look like? Here are a few ways The Junkluggers provide our customers with an eco-friendly alternative to traditional junk removal.
- Junkluggers takes a donation first approach to junk removal. They donate as many items as possible to local charities and donation centers. They work with several reputable charities such as Habitat for Humanity, Hour Children, Housing Works, Serving the Under Served, Materials for The Arts, Goodwill, and Big Brothers Big Sisters. In additional to national charities, local franchises also work with many local charities to give back to the local community.
- Junkluggers give back all year long by participating in coat drives and toy drives.
- They work with local recycling centers to properly dispose of and recycle e-waste.
- They always dispose of items properly when possible. Their mission is to keep 100% of reusable items out of landfills by 2025.
- Junkluggers lives by their mission statement to donate, recycle, or upcycle every item they can.
- The Junkluggers provide all customers with a tax-deductible receipt within 2 weeks of the job for any items accepted on a client’s behalf at a non-profit organization in their network.
What items The Junkluggers take? The answer is, just about anything! With the exception of certain hazardous materials, Junkuggers can lug away just about any common household item. These items include, but not limited to; furniture, appliances, refrigerators, freezers, carpets/rugs, TVs, lawnmowers, bicycles, water heaters/furnaces, tires, rubbish, mattresses, leaf and yard debris, pianos, hot tubs, swingset, basketball hoops, and sheds. As you can see, there is nothing too big or too small for Junkluggers!
Utilizing spring cleaning for your move with Liberty Moving – if you are moving homes, spring cleaning is a great time to part ways with items you no longer want or have use for. Since our moves are charged by weight, having Junkluggers remove your items before you box them up will not only help the environment and someone in need, but will also help save you money on your move. Less boxes and items equal less money spent on movers!
Packing can be a long and daunting task, just ask anyone who has moved. By having Junkluggers remove unwanted items prior to packing, you’ll be able to focus on the items you want to take with you to your new home. For these items, let us do the packing for you. Our professional packers will handle each item as if they were their own. By using The Junkluggers and Liberty Moving for your moving, packing services, and furniture removal needs, you’ll save money and be less stressed. It’s a win/win!