Company: Liberty Moving and Storage / United Van Lines Agent
Title: Warehouse Helper
Reports to: Dispatch Manager
Liberty Moving and Storage is a family owned and operated relocation company that has experienced continual growth since our founding in 1939. We are the largest agent for United Van-Lines in the tri-state area. Our standards are high, which makes us one of the largest and highest recommended companies in the business. Come join our team and find an opportunity for a great new career!
Performing and assisting with physical activities that include loading and unloading various client product to and from storage locations company trucks. This requires considerable use of your arms and legs, and may require climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. This position may also occasional travel to and from job sites.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lift and carry objects and materials of various weights up to 100 lbs.
- Load and unload items from trucks.
- Familiarity using fork-lifts and various lifts, any licenses on equipment would be a plus.
- Maintaining tidiness and cleanliness standards of the warehouse, trucks or any other work location.
- Strong familiarity using proprietary receiving/inventory software (using a scan-gun or tablet, scanning product in and out, capturing necessary information and verifying it for accuracy).
- Organizing the stocking, packing and proper storage of goods and materials.
- Open bales, crates and other containers.
- Breaking down trucks and/or loading and prepping them with product and/or equipment for the following day.
- Coordinating all work functions with co-workers and other departments.
- Return tools and supplies back to storage after use.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Should be a team player and have the ability to coordinate with fellow workers.
- Compliance with all safety regulations.
- Strongly familiarity with warehouse receiving procedure, including but not limited to any applicable software, scanners, and/or paperwork (ie. inventories, packing lists).
- Spatial orientation: Able to clearly identify details at close range or at a distance, and understand where objects are in relation to you.
- Coordinate two or more limbs at the same time.
- Use of abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without “giving out” or fatiguing.
- Verbal communication: Listening to, understanding, and communicating information and ideas presented through spoken words so that others will understand.
- Ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- Clearly hear back-up safety alarms on equipment and commands from supervisors.
Compensation: This is a full-time job position. We are looking for individuals with at least a year of warehousing experience. Hourly pay is consummate with experience includes a competitive benefits package. If you are interested in this position, please respond to this ad.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for an open position(s) can contact Liberty Moving and Storage, Human Resource Department at (800) 640-4487 ext. 225.