At the beginning of each new year, many people have the opportunity to “start over” and reinvent themselves for the better by setting New Year’s Resolutions.
The most common resolutions are about getting in shape, staying fit, and living life to the fullest. But the one resolution we should all be following is getting organized! Living an organized and decluttered life can also help you accomplish the rest of the resolutions you set on January 1st.
While the idea of New Year’s Resolutions may seem cliche and many people feel they can never keep them, we have some ways of getting organized that can surely help rejuvenate you, your home, and your family.
Tips on decluttering:
- DON’T WAIT: stop putting things off! If you remember you need to take care of something, just dive in & get started.
- THINK BEFORE BUYING: if you don’t love it, put it down. If you’re going to spend your money on something, make sure you know you’ll get good use out of it. Another tip: for every new item you buy, toss or donate three old things.
- FOLD & ROLL: instead of stacking your clothes, fold & roll them so you can see everything more clearly. This will make things like getting ready for the day or packing for a move a much simpler process.
- LABEL: invest in a labeler and we promise, it will become your new best friend. Neatly typed labels make all the difference when trying to keep a clean & tidy home, and when it comes time to move, it’ll make the packing process a breeze.
- COMPRESS: If you’re going to invest in anything, items like ottomans, behind-the-door hangers, and boxes are perfect for storing and hiding your belongings and keeping the house clutter-free.
Ready to Move?
For help with your big move you should be sure to give Liberty Moving and Storage a call at 1-800-640-4487. With over 75 years of experience our knowledgeable staff will be able to make sure you actually enjoy the moving experience. To learn more about what we can do for you, visit our website here.