Professional, Punctual, and Reliable Long Island Movers
Get a Free Estimate Now
United Van Lines’ leading sales agent in 2015
Liberty Moving & Storage is the premier moving agent for Long Island, New York City, and the rest of the Tri-State Area. Our dedication to customer service, hard work, and professionalism has made us one of the best Long Island moving companies. We specialize in local, long distance hauls, storage, and commercial moving services for all of Long Island.
High-value long distance movers Long Island
Just because we are the leading movers on Long Island doesn’t mean that you have to pay an arm and a leg for good service; in fact, it’s the opposite. Our goal is to make your move as seamless and stress-free as possible, and that means charging you a price that’s within your budget. Long Island moving isn’t easy, and it comes with a lot of potential pitfalls and headaches. Traffic, narrow streets, dense cities, and long carries are just the beginning, so going with local guys who know the lay of the land is a must. We have the tools and experience to work with any budget. If you need fast,high-value, and comprehensive moving services, then contact Liberty Moving & Storage immediately.
America’s leading moving company
Liberty Moving & Storage isn’t just one of the best Long Island movers, it is the agent in the area for America’s largest and most comprehensive network of trucks and agencies, United Van Lines. If you are looking for the right team to handle your move, then you can’t go wrong with America’s largest trucking company.
No other company has the infrastructure, capabilities, and equipment to get the job done like we can. Our cooperation with United ensures that we can handle any job at any time, and remain flexible throughout. Doesn’t matter if you’re going across the island, into the city, across the country, or over the ocean. United Van Lines can make it happen.
If you want to move, then move with #1!
Reliability and professionalism since 1939
Liberty isn’t just the leading Long Island moving company, it’s one of the oldest! This family-run business was started all the way back in 1939 when Mr. Federico decided to start a business that cared about its customers. Over the next 8 decades and three generations of family, it’s still in the same hands.
Our family puts the customer first and realizes that sustainability in business is about taking care of your employees and customers. We wouldn’t have it any other way. We make sure that everyone on our team is not only honest and reliable, but that they are capable of working up to our standards. It isn’t easy to get a job here, and it’s even harder to keep one. But if you’re as good as we are, then you’re part of the family.
We make sure that our guys don’t ever rush or take shortcuts. Most moving companies on Long Island think your things are simply that: things. We realize that they are your life. The things that you cherish, and that you’ll need once you reach your next destination. We take pride in handling your hings delicately. You’re in good hands with us.
Long Island moving and storage
As we’ve already stated, we are a comprehensive moving company, meaning that we can handle a scope of work much greater than most movers on Long Island. Our services include:
- Long-distance moving- if you need a company that is in it for the long haul, then what better one to use than the leading sales agent for American’s largest van line? We are your connection to United’s vast network of agents across the country, meaning that nobody can get you to more places faster than we can. Our drivers know how to get to the other side safely, so you have nothing to worry about.
- Local moving- we might be part of the largest national network, but we are still locals. This company was started by locals almost 80 years ago and to this day remains in the hands of a local family. If you’re looking for a local moving company on Long Island, then there’s no better choice. We serve all of the island, the city, and the rest of the Tri-State Area.
- Storage- sometimes you can’t always move in right away or you just don’t have enough space for everything. Not to worry, Liberty Moving & Storage has a state-of-the-art, 100,000 square foot warehouse equipped with the latest tools. Your stuff is safe with us.
- Commercial- need a commercial moving company on Long Island or the New York City Area? Liberty can do that, too. We specialize in moving offices and shipping special products. With sensitive materials and the complexity of most business moves, going with an experienced and efficient team is of the utmost importance.
- White glove moving- if you are someone who is into the finer things in life, then white glove moving is a necessity. We have guys who are experienced in handling fine art, pianos, pool tables, fine china, and HD TV’s. That’s not the whole of it either. Anything that is of high value and needs special care is our specialty
The list of moving companies on Long Island is long, but few have the comprehensive level of services that we do. Don’t waste any time using a second-rate business that won’t get the job done right. Go with the one company on the island that has done more business than any other.
The Liberty Moving & Storage process
Out of the all of the moving companies for Long Island, NY, there’s only one that keeps a comprehensive process for all of its moves that ensures success and satisfaction each time. This process makes it certain that from start to finish the whole process is completed as efficiently as possible. Let’s look a little deeper at how Liberty helps islanders make their move step by step:
- First contact- our local experts are your first point of contact with our moving company on Long Island. Through our website or over the phone, you will be guided through the beginning of your consultation by someone who has experience with your area. We make sure to get all of the necessary information before passing your account further up.
- Video estimate- just because we’ve been in business since 1939 doesn’t mean our technology hasn’t changed! We are one of the few New York Area moving companies that uses video technology to make getting your estimate easier. What’s better than not having to leave your house to get it? Contact us, set up a time, and show us what the load is. We will give you a fair estimate on how much it will cost, how long it will take, and how many guys you’ll need. No surprises.
- Meeting and walk-through- the driver and team will show up on time and ready to get the job done. We recommend a walk through and a meet greet to help the process along. Once the guys see firsthand what they’re up against, they will put their experience into play.
- The move- our team will get the job done efficiently, but they won’t rush. These guys know how to handle your stuff. They’ve been doing this a long time. Everything will be packed carefully and placed on the truck with care. The whole load will be properly documented as guys take things from the home. Everything will be tagged, written down, and signed for before the truck takes off.
- The other side- once we reach the other side(wherever that may be) the guys will unload, unpack, and keep track of all of your things. Once the stuff is off the truck, they can assemble the tough stuff for you. The day ends when everything is cleaned up and you are given the inventory of everything on the truck. Once you’ve signed off, our guys will be on their way.
Stressed about moving? Don’t be. Here’s what you do before your moving day to make it better.
Are you stressed about moving from Long Island to a far away place? Don’t worry. Everyone is a mix of excited and afraid about the big leap they’re about to make. What if things don’t work out? How will you make friends? What’s your new job going to be like? Just remember that there are as many great things about your new move as there are scary ones.
We’ve done this literally thousands of times, and we’ve even moved a lot ourselves. Here are some thing to do before moving day to make things easier.
Change your mailing address
Trust us. Do this BEFORE you leave for your new place, and if you know the folks moving into your home, ask them to kindly send all of your mail to you if possible. You don’t want bills or anything important going to the wrong address for weeks. A lot of people are so stressed out about leaving the area that they forget to do it.
Search your new area for important services
Having boots on the ground really helps, but don’t wait too long to start searching your new area for important services. We aren’t talking about finding your new favorite restaurant. We mean looking for a doctor, a dentist, a pharmacy, and other important things(of course restaurants are important, too!). This is doubly true if you are moving with a family. By the way, we hope that you will….
Enroll your children in school
Get the ball rolling on this before you get to the area. You never know what will come up. Fill out the paperwork. We’re sure you can just download and print it out before you actually make the move.
Join social networking groups in the area
There are plenty of social networking groups in your new area. Connect with your new company on Linkedin, join social groups on Facebook, and find out what’s going on in your new locale on whichever social groups you love using. Finding a way to plug yourself into the fun stuff before you even get there will help quell your fears.
Make a new plan for your home
Moving a bunch of stuff into your new home? Why not draw up a plan so you can start figuring what you’re going to put where. Sure, being there helps, but if you take photos and have a good idea of what is what before getting there, you can make moving day a little easier and less stressful. You don’t have to be an architect to do it. Have fun with it!
Use the right company
If you choose cheap, second-rate movers, then you are going to be very worried about your home and your things every day up until the move, and even more on moving day. When you choose the right Long Island moving company, you won’t have to be afraid about the truck showing up. Our courteous reps will make the process easier for you, and our experienced managers, workers, and drivers will make the whole process a lot smoother.
Why Liberty Moving & Storage
We are the Long Island and New York City movers that you can count on when you need them most. We’ve been doing this for 8 decades, and have worked hard to build a reputation that stands out from the crowd. There are plenty of reasons to choose us, but here are a few of the most important ones.
- We’ve helped countless customers just like you- you can’t go wrong with the company that’s done the highest amount of sales of the nation’s largest moving company. There are hundreds of United Van Lines agents across the country, and Liberty has done more than any other. There’s a reason why we’ve become so popular.
- Dedication to professionalism- few companies care about their customers like we do. The estimates are honest, our trucks show up on time, and workers are dedicated to getting everything done the right way. No gimmicks and no shortcuts.
- A great reputation- you don’t have to take our word for how great we are. We have glowing testimonials on our website, and our ratings on Google and Yelp are nearly flawless. Many of our customers are repeat clients, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Long Island and New York knowledge- sure, we are part of a big network of trucks, but we are still locals at heart. We know this area like the back of our hands, and take pride in calling this place home. We know what it takes to make a move go right here.
Looking for friendly, reliable, and professional movers to help you start a new phase in your life? If so, then there’s no better choice than Liberty Moving and Storage. Long Islanders and New Yorkers have been trusting us for years to get their things to their new home flawlessly. Our goal is to make your move as painless and seamless as possible. If you’re ready to experience the perfect move done by real locals, then contact us today.
We look forward to helping you start your new life.
350 Moreland Rd
Commack, NY 11725