The holidays are the perfect time to finally show off your new place and host a gathering for all of your closest family and friends. While this may seem like a stressful task, we’ve put together a checklist to help make the planning easier on you.
How to Host a Successful Christmas Gathering:
- Decorate: make your home feel festive but keep it simple at the same time. Integrate fresh flowers with traditional Christmas decorations like wreaths, iridescent lights, and lots of greens, reds, and golds. Make sure your tree is in tip-top shape, don’t forget the red tablecloth, and queue up a Christmas Spotify playlist.
- Stock Up: having guests over means budgeting for more supplies than usual. Think about doubling up on items like trash bags, toiletries, paper towels, toilet paper, and dining necessities.
- The Meal: be in charge of the main course and assign guests to bring smaller dishes like appetizers and desserts. Also make sure you check with your guests at least a week before the actual party if anyone requires vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free food, or if anyone has any serious food allergies.
- Must Haves: invest in cooking essentials such as crock pots, blenders, mixers, and slow cookers. These are all great purchases for a new home that you will also use for future years and holidays to come.
- Prioritize: declutter guest rooms and public areas – foyer, kitchen, bathroom, living room, den, and dining room – where family and friends will be congregating. Remove and store away any unnecessary items.
Moving out before the holidays?
If you trust us here at Liberty, we promise you won’t be disappointed. Our professional moving staff has been trained to make sure your moving experience is nothing less than exceptional. For a free in home estimate be sure to give us a call at 1.800.640.4487.