The Customer Service Coordinator is responsible for supporting moving consultants and interfacing with customers, company personnel, United Van Lines corporate and third party service representatives. This individual will be focused on providing high-quality customer service for each customer by processing booked shipments and maintaining contact with customers and agents to ensure consistent customer satisfaction as measured though quality surveys.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Communicates with customers on an ongoing basis and on mandated days to make contact, and advise the shipper of any changes, delays, etc.
- Handles the entire move process from initiating contact through to delivery.
- Prepares and forwards documents for shipment processing on each order.
- Completes daily action reports in order to properly service each shipment.
- Tracks the status of each customer’s shipment in order to keep the customer advised of any changes and to address any transit related changes or problems.
- Communicates with the Salesperson and Dispatch regarding problems and concerns with shipments.
- Achieves and maintains a consistently high customer satisfaction rating through quality customer service and regular interaction with the shipper.
- Effectively uses both local and corporate computer systems and proprietary ERP’s in the processing of each shipment and move.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a minimum of one to two years’ experience coordinating in customer service.
- Must be a highly motivated self- starter with excellent customer service skills.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organization, communication, and problem solving skills
- Must possess a diplomatic, professional telephone manner with excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Be flexible, patient and have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to operate a variety of office equipment such as a copier, telephone, computer, scanner and fax machine.
- Must be able to work effectively under time constraints and frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to perform data entry and typing functions.
- High school diploma/GED
Compensation is based on experience. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision & 401k benefits to full time employees
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.