Company: Liberty Moving and Storage / United Van Lines Agent
Title: Truck Driver—CDL A or CDL B Licensed Drivers
Reports to: Dispatch Manager
Liberty Moving and Storage is a family owned and operated relocation company that has experienced continual growth since our founding in 1939. We are the largest agent for United Van-Lines in the tri-state area. Our standards are high, which makes us one of the largest and highest recommended companies in the business. Come join our team and find an opportunity for a great new career!
The truck driver will operate a tractor-trailer combination (CDL A) or a straight truck (CDL B) to receive, store, and distribute equipment and products within establishments. They will be expected to perform and assist with the moving of materials to and from storage and production areas. This requires some handling of materials, as well as overseeing moving helpers in the packing, loading and unloading of materials.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Including by not limited to—
- Drive and maneuver trucks into loading/unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and check that the vehicle and equipment are properly positioned.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Read customer work orders, general work orders and shipping orders to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Lift and carry objects and materials of various weights.
- Load and unload items and material from trucks.
- Coordinating all work functions with co-workers.
- Record amounts of materials/items received or distributed.
Required Skills and Abilities:
All drivers must have their CDL A or CDL B license, a clean driving record, and the ability to pass a drug test and background check (including a DOT background check).
CDL A drivers pay will be up to $25 per hour (consummate with experience).
CDL B drivers pay will be up to $22 per hour (consummate with experience).
All drivers are eligible for a sign-on bonus of $1,500.00. The sign-on bonus will be paid in two lump sums, $750.00 after the first six months of employment, and $750.00 after a year of employment.
In addition, all drivers interested in full-time work are eligible for a competitive benefits package (including 401k, medical, vacation time and personal days).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for an open position(s) can contact Liberty Moving and Storage, Human Resource Department at (800) 640-4487 ext. 225.