Title: Second Shift Local Dispatch Manager
The Local Dispatch Manager will be required to manage all transportation and logistics, working with the operations team to assign vans and men to various local jobs in the greater New York metropolitan area. This individual will serve as the key point of contact for all labor assigned to local work, ensuring that key personnel and equipment is assigned in a profitable and efficient manner. The local logistics manager will be a key strategic component of the operations team, working with the long-distance dispatcher and Operations Manager to build a daily schedule, manage shipment spreads, and coordinate with warehouse personnel to manage input and outflow from storage, all with a focus on high quality customer service.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Monitor, coordinate and dispatch labor and equipment to various job-sites in the tri-state area according to customer needs, current requirements and seasonal restrictions.
- Communicate with sales and customer service representatives to creatively problem solve and strategize.
- Prepare daily schedules and maintain work-log information using various computer-based systems.
- Directing various warehouse set-up and second-shift tasks for the next day.
- Act as the key point of contact for all issues concerning warehouse and local dispatch logistics during the second-shift.
Required Skills and Abilities:
The local logistics manager must be organized, and make efficient use of their time and resources with regard to planning work, arranging labor and communicating with the operations team as well as local drivers and helpers.
Compensation is competitive and consummate with experience in a logistics, dispatch or warehousing function. This is a salaried full-time position, with normal hours from 1PM to 9PM Monday through Friday, with the occasional need for Saturdays. The compensation package includes healthcare, dental, vision and 401k benefits, as well as paid vacation. All interested parties should respond with a resume and cover letter to this ad.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.